Friday, May 6, 2011

Nurses



I always asked myself if I will continue my course in nursing. I somehow lose interest to my course not just because I had stop for almost 2 years now but also of the things I saw and heard to other graduates of that course.  I heard that they can’t find jobs that easily and they have to pay the hospital just to gain experiences. Some were able to find job as a nurse but their salary wasn’t enough even to support their own living everyday. Some luckily got a job abroad but says that their job was not as a nurse but as a caregiver and even as a domestic helper. Some seek for a different job that’s not related to their course, some became call center agent, cashier, sales clerk, etc. If you think about it “WHAT THE HECK! Right?”. 

Disappointed? Yes! surely. Same courses but different jobs and paths they’ve took. Some regret why they've took nursing. Some were not happy about it. Some says that it’s only on your ability of finding a job. Some says it’s your will of using it and your heart and love for that career. Some says that you should have money to use that course and some says you should be at least one of the top 10 passer on board exam. Some says our government pay less attention to all medical staff and they didn't care and know how to solve a certain problem. Some says it's just practical to seek other jobs because the important thing is to just help your family in anyway that you can. And what I say “It’s all CORRECT!”. Because it's the reality! I know that people just say what they knew and proved base on their own experiences. But in the end it's the matter of choosing and learning about what's life wanted you to learn about.

I asked myself again why I took up that course even though it cost a big amount of money that I know my parents couldn’t afford. Maybe before I dreamed of going to another country and earned a lot of money. Or maybe before it was my passion and the thing I really wanted to do. But now it’s not clear to me why did I took that course. Maybe before I’m not aware of how important it is to choose the right course for you in college. How important to know what you love doing and what you want for your future. Now, I know that I can’t turn back the time when I’m picking the course I should have take. Before, I only dreamed of finishing my course and used it to have a better life. Simple and immature, yes, I was. I didn’t know and expect the circumstances and trials I’m about to face. I’m not aware of loving what you do and giving your heart to your work. That in life, there are many choices ahead of you and your dreams might be vanished so quickly that you never even know it.

It's not I hated the course, no I'm not! I knew how hard it is to be a nurse and what they do is a very noble job. I admire them for giving their time and love for other people who seek it. For the comfort and affection they're sharing. For sacrificing even though they didn't gain much. Someday, I want to see them happy and people are not saying bad things about them. However, things were going bad recently that some of them became so exhausted that they can't even smile. They were all planning to go abroad to gain much for their family. They say that it's hard to help others if you can't even help yourself. That the value of money is very important and the amount of salary is what people are talking about this day. Naturally, people will find a better life for him/herself, you can't find people who doesn't even have a dream for that thing. We all have. And maybe the problem is not the course but in the hardship and poverty we all experiencing now. 

My parents told me that the important thing was you had just finished your course in college, whatever it was… and since I just have one and half years to go to finish my course they wanted me to continue it and maybe there is a better future that’s waiting for me at the end of the line. I’m agreeing with what they’ve told me but still my heart for that course wasn’t there anymore. Now my only goal is to have a degree in college, using it or not, I don’t want to care anymore. I don’t want to expect for any good things to happen to me in the future but I’m expecting for an unexpected things that will surely happen in my life. It’s just I wanted to raise my guard up to be able to accept the things “good or bad” will gonna happen in my future. Still we’re the one that’s writing our own story in life. Our future is not written yet but we will still hoping that the end of our story will going to be a happy ending.  

"TO ALL NURSES OUT THERE I HONESTLY SALUTE YOU!"  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment