Sunday, March 13, 2011

My faith as a member of “Church Of Christ”

Templo Central
As an Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) since I was born, I had been living a different life than other people. I live and follow its teachings very well and since then I knew by heart that I’m on the right path.

 




We’re not worshiping any Idols, a stone or wood that has face of someone. We’re not eating “dinuguan” (blood of animals that been cook and serve). We go to church every Thursdays and Sundays. And  We always held “Pamamahayag” in our locale to share our beliefs to other people who might be interested and know how important it is to be part of the church.

As INC, I’m not entertaining suitors with different religion. Although I’ve met many guys whose kind and something that I like too but if he’s not INC then we can’t be more than just friends and “we stay as friends forever” but sadly thou, it’s rare to find a guy who became your friend after you rejected him. I remember a guy who asked me how to be INC because he knew that it was my priority in choosing a guy, and yes it’s true… But I really don’t like if that person will be converted just because of me. For me, his faith will be “Fragile”.

People may not see it this way but being an Iglesia ni Cristo is not “Decoration”, not just a “Title” of some sort of religion/organization or even not a way to “Get a job” or “Get a woman or man you want or love”. It is a “Blessing” and “Gift” of love from HIM whom you should seek first and learn about.

Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) had taught me everything.

“FATHER” in heaven.
First, I’ve known who the only “ONE” and “TRUE” “GOD” that I should worship. And that GOD is “FATHER” in heaven.

When I was in grade school my classmate asked me who my GOD was, I told her “Ang AMA” (“The Father”), she thought it was Lord Jesus Christ that I was calling The Father so she thought that we have the same faith and she included that he is also the Son and the Holy Spirit. I didn’t say anything that time and started to wonder and ask myself if Lord Jesus Christ and The Father were really just the same. I became confused and I felt that something was not right.

“Pagsamba ng Kabataan” (PNK)
During that time, I was attending “Pagsamba ng Kabataan” (PNK) in locale of Gumaok (now Maharlika) here in SJDM, Bulacan. PNK had been teaching or giving us bible studies by learning the life of “God’s chosen people” before and after Lord Jesus Christ was born, what I mean is the old and new testament. First it was Israel and later the first Church of Christ that Lord Jesus Christ had built.

I was too shy to ask them about my confusion between the father and Jesus if they’re just the same. But my confusion ends when I’ve heard the topic about Lord Jesus Christ when he was praying to GOD before he crucified.

he threw himself on the ground and prayed
It said: he threw himself on the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.

And also there was a moment before he died when he looked in heaven and uttered this words My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

I was confused then of what Jesus Christ was praying and who he was calling the moment he died… and started to ask myself “If “JESUS” is the “GOD” or the “FATHER”, why then HE is praying and calling to himself?

Although I never asked our minister in Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo), about Jesus Christ real nature, I had proved to myself that what they’re saying was true. That GOD or FATHER was not our Lord Jesus Christ. Because the only GOD is the Father in heaven whom Jesus himself love and trust with all his heart. As what he said when Satan tempted him he clearly said that “Worship the Lord your God,
and serve only him.”
Jesus, himself, is a human being who needs the help of Father God, whom he knew the only one who can save him.

Jesus sacrifice
Second, I’d learned the truth about Jesus sacrifice. I also didn’t know before how important it is to us whom he gave his life to. But who are those people whom he had given his life?

At first I thought it was all of us. I thought that his sacrifice was for all the people in the world. But I was wrong when I’ve learned that he sacrifice himself “ONLY” for his servant. Just like apostle Paul said: (Acts 20)

28 “Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son”.

If you understand it well as I do, Apostle Paul knew the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ sacrifice, why he had given his life and his mission to save. It clearly says that Church of GOD that he obtained with the blood of HIS own SON”. Jesus had given his life for the people that GOD had given to him. He had given his life to save ONLY the people of GOD and he offers it just for them.

He had mentioned what his mission was all about when he said: (John 10)

“So again Jesus said to them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.”

9”I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.”

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”

15”just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep.”

18”No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again. I have received this command from my Father.”

He clearly said about his mission to save… but NOT to save all BUT ONLY his sheep or his flock who enters him that knows him and the FATHER….

I also asked this question like you did: Why did he not save ALL? Is it unfair for some who did not blessed to share salvation? But this was answered by him too: when he said (John 10): “Jesus answered, ‘I have told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name testify to me; 26but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep.”

This is TRUE and what’s TRUE remains TRUE FOREVER!
He said that not all men belong to him simply because they’re not in his flock or not his sheep… and THEY did not care to BELIEVE! They believe only to the things they had and possess. They did not care to know if they’re religion is to GOD as long as they’re happy and as long as they can do what they want! But this is TRUE and what’s TRUE remains TRUE FOREVER!

So he made his church that was called by his name and it was the Church of Christ. This is his flock and the people of this church are his sheep. It was the church he had given his life and which he will be going to save on the day he comes back, at the end of the world…just like what he said: 28”I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.”

It only means that the people of “Church of Christ” were the ones who’s blessed and loved by FATHER who’s the one that gave this mission to our Lord Jesus Christ.

End of the world
Third, I’ve learned and I want to share to you is about the end of the world.

Some people may not take it seriously and only will make it as a joke. But this is not a JOKE and we really need to take it seriously.

first judgment by means of water
People might forget that the world ends once. When GOD gave his first judgment by means of water because he saw that all people in the world except to Noah’s family were the only one who’s following him and serving him. He wiped the world and only 8 people remained to continue living in this world.

Now people may ask: when it will happen or it will really happen? The question of "when" is yet unknown and only FATHER knows it….as Jesus had said (Luke 17) 24”For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day”

But will it really happen is answerable by YES! It definitely will. As GOD made people DIE for their sins, HE also made an end to this world. HE did it to punish those sinners who did not change though they knew there’s a judgement day waiting for them. So people will eventually die for their sins and will be punish on the judgement day. Jesus had told us the truth when he says:


John16: 16 
‘A little while, and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me.

Revelation12:12 
‘See, I am coming soon; my reward is with me, to repay according to everyone’s work.


He is willing to accept us
But our Father in heaven has a loving heart. He did not want us to die and suffer for our sins. He is always willing to accept us if we just follow his will and walk to the path he had given us. He actually gave his beloved SON in order to save those who will know him. Although Jesus did not commit sins he became just like one of us who’s sinners and because of his love to our Father and to his sheep, he sacrifices himself to save his people.

Always remember that there is always a chance for all of us. IF we just open our eyes and listen to the truth. First…. Find the true religion to be able to find HIM. I know you already knew what that religions name is. This is the church which HIS SON had built and was called by his name. Second…..know HIM, the only one and true GOD who love us and want us to be his daughter and son. Third…. Follow his will and don’t stop until you die or until the end of this world comes.

It’s NEAR
~ I just want to share to all of you my faith. I want you to believe as I do. I want you to know this because Father wants us to share this blessing HE had given us (INC). We don’t want to keep it to ourselves because all people are important to HIM. All of us need salvation. It’s NEAR and we feel that HE eventually will come unnoticed, and chances are becoming thinner. Still I’m just saying what I know and it’s up to you if you’ll believe.

Just like Lord Jesus Christ had said (John 12): ‘Whoever believes in me believes not in me but in him who sent me. 45And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. 46I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness. 47I do not judge anyone who hears my words and does not keep them, for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48The one who rejects me and does not receive my word has a judge; on the last day the word that I have spoken will serve as judge, 49for I have not spoken on my own, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. 50And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I speak, therefore, I speak just as the Father has told me.’

~ This is what I’m made of as an Iglesia Ni Cristo. I’m not saying this on my own but I’m saying this because it’s TRUE. And I’m always thankful because I was blessed to know HIM and to serve him in the TRUE church. I’m also a sinner because I’m a human being but he accepted me and became one of HIS daughters. So I will not let this LOVE of HIM being taken away from me by anyone or anything that will come into my life. This is my GIFT since I was born and I will treasure this gift FOREVER.
  
2Corinthians 4
13: “I believed, and so I spoke’—we also believe, and so we speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus, and will bring us with you into his presence. 15Yes, everything is for your sake, so that grace, as it extends to more and more people may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.”

May the Spirit of Father God comes to you as you read this… Thank YOU!


By:Anna Rhea C. Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment